First let us see what we know about website blogs. They are a type of websites with content that is regularly updated, and the latest one updated is displayed on top. Whether it is sharing knowledge, experiences or the latest news; blogs can have it all.
There are many false myths about website blogs, let us discuss a few of them here:
- People don’t read blogs anymore- There is a large market for blogs and many of them have been around for many years already. Do you know how? Because of their engagement in the target audience with content of quality. In fact websites which publish blogs gain 77% more engagement. Blogs can drive actual business to your doorstep.
- Blogs must have a word count under 500- this is actually not true, in fact comprehensive blogs may increase your ranking. Instead of worrying about word count, focus on the value of your content. Many have a hard time expressing their thoughts in a small word limit. So, what can be better than spilling out your thoughts and getting income by doing that?
- Blogging is just writing- Website blogs are never just writing, they are actually about entertainment and knowledge. You don’t need to be a fabulous writer to make your posts interesting and exciting. In fact you can just speak the same language and fancy words are a big no! But there must be something of interest. It is all about expressing thoughts and creativity. Writing may add value to your work but it is not a necessity of blogging.
- Blogging market is saturated- It is not saturated but always evolving. Bloggers need to create and adapt new business models for consistent results. You’ll need to update your website blog from time to time, like updating its design to keep up with ongoing trends. Add features that add value for your readers and skip the unnecessary ones that deflect from the main purpose of the website.
- You should post articles every day- You may have enough content to post every day but posting daily is not necessary. Instead of posting daily, post content of quality just a few times per week. Many big bloggers post 2-3 times a week and gain large engagement. Work on effectiveness and consistency of your content in place of quantity.
- Website blogs are all about SEO- SEO is about increasing your website’s visibility in the organic search results of major search engines. This would certainly increase the traffic but what about the quality? The reason why many bloggers fail is that they do not produce quality content. A blog with less but authentic target audience is always better. Unnecessary traffic will do no good to you.
It is not unusual for people to get the wrong idea about things they know nothing about. If you want to create a website blog, then you must stick on independent research and reality. Avoid myths and have confidence, that’s all it takes to be successful.