A healthy body and mind are the key to a wholesome life. Therefore, it is essential to keep away from stress and ailments. So, what is the right plan to keep up with daily life and keep ourselves away from stress at the same time? We got blessed with the ancient art of a healthy lifestyle, i.e., Yoga. Please read our blog to know about 10 Most Effective Yoga Asanas for Healthy Living.
Yoga is one of the most effective ways to improve your lifestyle. And not only that, regular practice of Yoga or Most Effective Yoga Asanas for Healthy Living helps you to prevent diseases. Yoga is so popular that we even see the western culture following it. However, this is not a new concept. Yoga has been around for ages and got passed down by the ancient ‘Gurus’ for a better, healthy society.
The word ‘Yoga‘ gets its origin from the Sanskrit word ‘Yuj,’ meaning- ”to join’ or ‘to unite.’ Uniting the mind and body to achieve total harmony and freedom is referred to as ‘Yoga.’ You may find yourself stuck as to how to start Yoga? Or What are the effective Yoga asanas to practice? Well, you don’t have to worry. The method is easy; all you have to do is include these 10 Most Effective Yoga Asanas and get on track to Healthy Living. If you manage to take out time and do these Most Effective Yoga Asanas then you need nothing else. So, make sure to add these Yoga Asanas in your daily routine.
- THE NEW, RISING YOGA INFLUENCER JENNA RENE
- 7 Healthy Indian Breakfast Recipes
- 4 Super Healthy Food High in Antioxidants
- How to Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle!
Breathing Exercise for Healthy Living
View this post on Instagram
Let us first see some of the breathing exercises requires for Healthy Living
- Bhastrika Pranayama
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama
1. Surya Namaskar | 10 Most Effective Yoga Asanas for Healthy Living
Surya Namaskar or the Sun Salutation is the first thing we begin our Yoga routine. This asana is one of the best yoga poses for health. Also, it gives the overall body system a boost and helps in building a positive lifestyle. Surya Namaskar consists of a total of 12 poses performed on an empty stomach. There are many ways to do Surya Namaskar. However, you should only pick one routine and perform it daily (Source: Nexoye).
Benefits of Surya Namaskar
- Healthy cardiovascular system
- Good nervous system
- Overall body health
2. Anulom Vilom | 10 Most Effective Yoga Asanas for Healthy Living | Breathing Exercise
Anulom Vilom is a specific type of breathing exercise that requires a certain technique out of 10 Most Effective Yoga Asanas for Healthy Living
How to perform Anulom Vilom
- Sit straight in a cross-legged position with one leg above the other
- With your right thumb, hold the right nostril, and inhale deeply through the left nostril
- After that, bring your middle and index finger towards your left nostril, press it, and exhale through your right nostril
- Now reverse the process by inhaling through the right nostril
- Hold your right nostril with your thumb and then exhale through the left nostril
- Repeat the process
Benefits of Anulom Vilom
- Better focus and control
- Benefits in relieving stress and anxiety
- Improvements to respiratory and cardiovascular health
3. Bhastrika | 10 Most Effective Yoga Asanas for Healthy Living
Bhastrika is a deep, breathing exercise that generates heat within the body. It is known to cure the imbalances in any of the doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. However, people with a heart problem, high blood pressure, and back issues should be cautious about doing the pranayama (Source: Artofliving).
How to perform Bhastrika
- Sit in a crossed-leg position (Padmasana)
- Inhale deeply, up to the diaphragm
- Hold the breathing (count to five)
- Exhale with force
- Repeat the process for up to 2-3 minutes
Benefits of Bhastrika
- Beneficial for the nervous and the motor system
- Energizes the body and the mind
- Beneficial for people with depression and anxiety
- It also treats fibrosis
- Excellent for healthy lungs and people who suffer from respiratory issues
- Also increases immunity
4. Kapalbhati | Breathing Exercise
“Kapalbhati” was derived from coming together of the words; “Kapal”, meaning – head, and ‘Bhati,’ meaning – to shine. It involves actively or forcefully inhaling and exhaling. The process is a Shat Kriya as it is a cleansing procedure that helps to eliminate the toxins from the body. It is one of the 10 Most Effective Yoga Asanas for Healthy Living.
How to perform Kapalbhati
- Sit straight in a crossed-leg position (Padmasana or Vajrasana)
- Take a deep breath in
- Exhale/force out the air in short intervals; as you exhale, pull your stomach inwards (towards spine)
- Exhale up to 20 times as a beginner and then keep on increasing the pace given your potential or stamina
- Follow up with Anulom Vilom
Benefits of Kapalbhati
- Beneficial for the muscles around the stomach and increases blood flow to the liver and pancreas
- Following Kapalbhati regularly helps in digestion and relieves acidity or any other gas-related problems
- Regular practice helps in reducing belly fat
- Increases lung capacity
- Increases blood supply
- Improve memory and concentration
5. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend/Fold) is one of the classic asanas mentioned in Hatha Yoga. The yoga asana is beneficial as it stretches the lower back, hamstring, and hips. 10 Most Effective Yoga Asanas for Healthy Living has one as Paschimottanasana.
How to perform Pashimottanasana
- Sit straight on the floor/mat with your legs stretched out
- Inhale while raising your hands to your sides and then up over head towards the ceiling
- Exhale while bending forward to reach to your toes
- Try holding the pose for a few seconds
- Now, slowly breathe in as you get up and keep your arms upwards
- After that, exhale while bringing the hand down to the initial position
Benefits of Paschimottanasana
- It helps to relieve stress, anxiety, and fatigue
- It is a good stretching exercise and helps to tone the shoulders, lower back, hamstrings, and hips
- BLOOD BANK: THE LIFE SAVIOR IN 2021
- Important Points to Consider While Choosing a Life Partner (10 min)
- A Life-Changing Crisis
- TOP 15 LIFE CHANGING INSPIRATIONAL MOVIES
6. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Bhujangasana gets its name from ‘bhujanga’ meaning – ‘cobra’ and ‘asana,’ which means ‘posture.’ Bhujangasana is one of the 10 Most Effective Yoga Asanas for Healthy Living.
How to perform a Bhujangasana
- Start with lying on your stomach
- Slowly lift your upper body while keeping your abdomen on the floor with the help of your hands
- Try to look upwards while you keep holding the pose for a few seconds (With time, you can increase the time that you hold the pose)
- Now return to the original position
Benefits of Bhujangasana
- Bhujangasana strengthens the spine
- It helps in relieving stress
- It stretches the abdomen, shoulders
- And is also beneficial for lungs
7. Sukhasana | 10 Most Effective Yoga Asanas for Healthy Living
Sukhasana got derived from ‘Sukh’ and ‘Asana,’ which means a happy pose/relaxing pose. The pose is an easy asana that relaxes your body and mind.
How to perform Sukhasana
- Sit in a crossed leg position and relax
- Relax your hands by keeping them on your knees
- Now, meditate while sitting in the position and practice deep breathing
- Interchange the leg position if required
Benefits of Sukhasana
- Sukhasana helps in keeping you calm and helps in tackling stress and anxiety
- The asana also helps in stretching the knees and opening the ankle
- Strengthens your back
8. Vajrasana | Most Effective Yoga Asanas
Vajrasana as the name reflects, describes the nature/pose of the asana. Vajra means ‘Diamond-shaped’ or ‘Thunderbolt’ and ‘Asana’ means pose. The asana is easy to perform, comes with many benefits and is one of the 10 Most Effective Yoga Asanas for Healthy Living.
How to perform Vajrasana
- Sit in a kneeling position with a straight posture
- Keep your feet together while sitting in this position
- After that, keep your hands on your thighs with palm facing upwards
- Now, inhale-exhale normally and relax
Benefits of Vajrasana
View this post on Instagram
- Vajrasana aids digestion; You can perform Vajrasana after having a meal
- It helps to relieve gas and other ailments of the stomach
- Vajrasana helps in maintaining a good posture
- The posture also acts as a relief to menstrual pain
9. Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Spinal Pose)
The word Ardhamatsyendrasana comes from Ardha – “half”; Matsyendra – “king of the fish”, and Indra – “ruler”. The asana name means – half twist pose of the king of the fishes. Ardhamatsyendra (Half-Spinal Twist) comes with a lot of benefits. Therefore, it is essential to know how to perform the Half-Spinal Twist.
How to perform Ardya Matsyendrasana
- Sit straight with your legs stretched out in front of you
- Bend your right leg and place it over your stretched out left leg
- Now, bend your left leg and bring it close to your body
- After that, use your opposite hand (left hand) to cross over and hold your right leg
- Release the pose and then get back in the initial position
- Repeat the same for the left leg
Benefits of Ardha Matsyendrasana
- This Yogasana helps in toning the body
- It cleanses the body of excess toxins and heat
- The asana also helps in improving digestion
10. Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose) | 10 Most Effective Yoga Asanas for Healthy Living
As the name suggests, Setu Bandha Sarvangasana is a bridge shaped yoga pose. ‘Setu’ means bridge, and ‘Bandh’ means a lock. Hence the name Setu Bandhasana and its one of the 10 Most Effective Yoga Asanas for Healthy Living.
How to perform Setu Bandhasana
- First, lie on your back
- Bend your knees and keep them hip-distance apart while placing your arms to the side (with palms down)
- Now, lift your lower, middle, and upper body while keeping your thighs parallel to each other while your head & arms resting on floor/mat
- Keep breathing and hold the position for a minute
- Now, go back to the resting position and rest
Benefits of Setu Bandhasana
- The Setubandhasana helps in improving digestion
- It helps in reducing stress and anxiety
- It is helpful for people suffering from thyroid
- And also improves blood circulation
Breathe In, Breathe Out
View this post on Instagram
We Are The Writers, have taken an initiative on the occasion of International Yoga Day to promote the importance of yoga in our daily lives through an online event “Breathe In,Breathe Out“. You can participate in our online event, “Breathe In, Breathe Out” and win exciting prizes.
There are three categories where you can participate in “Breathe In, Breathe Out”.
- Photography Contest: In this contest you can share your pictures of doing any particular asana and we will be sharing that image of yours in our social media platform.
- Short Video/Reels Contest: In this category, you can share a short video of yours in the form of Reels in 10-20 seconds with us. We will be sharing your video on our social media platform as well.
- Content Writing Company: We Are The Writers, one of the leading content writing agency can never think about any event/contest without content writing. Participants can write about “Importance of Yoga in Everyday Life”. Send your write ups of not less than 300 words to us and we will be sharing your masterpieces on our social media handles.
This event, “Breathe In, Breathe Out” is not just a promotional event but also at the same time, our company wants you all to know about the importance of yoga specially during this pandemic, Follow our official Instagram page wearethewritersofficial to get valuable insights on Yoga.
View this post on Instagram
To participate in the online event “Breathe In,Breathe Out” on this International Yoga Day 2021, you can contact us directly at email@example.com or call us at +91 7303220313.
Yoga is an art and science of mindful living, which is why we should follow it as a well-practiced discipline. Remember, your body is a temple; so you should only feed it with positivity and healthy habits along with keeping it clean of toxins. Therefore, start a change and keep negativity at bay through Yoga!
Here are the 10 Most Effective Yoga Asanas for Healthy Living. Practice them and leave comments about how you these asanas helped you.