What is Article 15 : Our country is a mix of diverse cultures and tongues, many colorful people as well. Earlier these different races were downed because of tier of caste and colors and society was in Jeopardy. Then, the supreme court took matters into their hands by passing a bill providing equal rights to everyone. Hence, article 15 is one of the 395 articles in our constitution.
Similarly, the right to equality is for every citizen of India under Article 15. This assures that every citizen should get equal treatment irrespective of their race, place of birth, caste gender or religion. On the contrary, it empowers the government with the power of protective discrimination. Also that it makes possible for the state to create social provisions.
Features and Provisions | What is Article 15
- Article 15 says, no person shall be discriminated on the grounds only religion, race, caste, sex and place of birth.
- No citizen shall, on grounds of only religion, race, caste, sex, place of birth or any of them be subject to any disability, liability, restriction or condition with regards to
- Access to shops, public restaurants, hotels or any public place of entertainment.
- The use of wells, tanks, bathing booths and road and places of public resort maintained wholly or partially out of state funds or dedicated to the use of the general public.
- The state is permitted to make any special provision to women and children.
- State is free to make special arrangements for socially and economically backwards people or for scheduled caste or scheduled tribe.
- The state can make special provisions for the betterment of socially and economically backward section of the society or SCs and STs.
Therefore, above stated points help us to stand on a platform. So that we can analyse the workings of the society and speak in acceptance of these changes which will ultimately make us realize whether this amendment is a success or not.
Please read through the below mentioned blogs for more of our masterpieces:
WHAT IS AN OTT PLATFORM? TOP 10 OTT PLATFORMS IN INDIA & WORLD?
Can Helicopter money be the solution to revive the Indian economy?
Will Work From Home Become the New Normal
WILL INDIA BE ABLE TO TAKE THE PLACE OF CHINA?
Hospitality industry in the post covid world
CAN COMPUTERS OR TECHNOLOGY EVER REPLACE BOOKS
Women = Men or Women Vs. Men
ECONOMY and POLITICS, friends or foe !!