With an improved state of affairs related to the Covid-19 virus spread and its implications New year 2022 is here and you must be looking forward to the list of trading holidays and MCX Holiday 2022
We have got for you the list of MCX holidays 2022. The other stock market holidays list is already on the website.
You may also like to read :
- PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 2022 – GOVERNMENT HOLIDAYS 2022
- Stock Market Holidays 2022 | Complete List of NSE and BSE Holidays 2022
Table of Contents
MCX Holiday 2022 List
|Serial||Holiday||Date||Day||Morning session||Evening session|
|1||New Year Day||January 01, 2022||Saturday||Open||Closed|
|2||Republic Day||January 26, 2022||Wednesday||Closed||Closed|
|3||Mahashivratri||March 01, 2022||Tuesday||Closed||Open|
|4||Holi (2nd day)||March 18, 2022||Friday||Closed||Open|
|5||Ram Navami||April 10, 2022||Sunday||Closed||Closed|
|6||Mahavir Jayanti / Ambedkar Jayanti||April 14, 2022||Thursday||Closed||Open|
|7||Good Friday||April 15, 2022||Friday||Closed||Closed|
|8||Maharashtra Day||May 01, 2022||Sunday||Closed||Closed|
|9||Ramzan Id (Eid-Ul-Fitr)||May 03, 2022||Tuesday||Closed||Open|
|10||Bakra Eid||July 10, 2022||Sunday||Closed||Closed|
|11||Muharram||August 09, 2022||Tuesday||Closed||Open|
|12||Independence Day||August 15, 2022||Monday||Closed||Closed|
|13||Ganesh Chaturthi||August 31, 2022||Wednesday||Closed||Open|
|14||Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti||October 02, 2022||Sunday||Closed||Closed|
|15||Dussehra||October 05, 2022||Wednesday||Closed||Open|
|16||Diwali – Laxmi Pujan||October 24, 2022||Monday||Closed||Open|
|17||Diwali Balipratipada||October 26, 2022||Wednesday||Closed||Open|
|18||Gurunanak Jayanti||November 08, 2022||Tuesday||Closed||Open|
|19||Christmas||December 25, 2022||Sunday||Closed||Closed|
Note: Muhurat Trading will be held on Monday, October 24, 2022. The updates related to Muhurat Trading will be available on the official website as soon as the exchanges announce. [ Stock Market Holidays ]
You may also refer from the Zerodha blog : Market holiday calendar 2022—NSE, BSE and MCX
About MCX | MCX Holiday 2022
MCX stands for Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd. It is a commodity exchange market under the ownership of the Ministry of Finance , Government of India. Based in Mumbai, MCX is India’s largest commodity derivatives exchange and it was established in 2003 by the Government of India.
The total turnover of commodity futures traded on the Exchange rested at ₹83.98 lakh crore in FY 2019-20. The average daily turnover of commodity futures contracts increased by 26% to ₹32,424 crore during FY 2019-20, as compared to ₹25,648 crore in FY 2018-19.
Multi Commodity Exchange provides options of trading in gold and futures trading in non-ferrous metals such as bullion, energy, and various other agricultural commodities (mentha oil, cardamom, crude palm oil, cotton, and others).
- Futures Industry Association has shown in its latest annual data, that MCX was one of the top global commodity exchanges in terms of the number of futures contracts traded.
- MCX instituted the MCX India Commodity Indices (MCX iCOMDEX) series on December 20, 2019, which satisfies the global best practices set by the International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO).
- The exchange also launched a web-based application “ComRIS” (Commodity Receipts Information System). Its aim is to maintain an electronic record of commodities deposited at the Exchange accredited warehouses and ensure the flow of real time information from the warehouses.
- Multi Commodity Exchange was the first-ever IPO by an Indian exchange and the only publicly listed exchange as well. In February 2012, MCX had come out with a public issue of 6,427,378 Equity Shares of Rs. 10 face value in the price band of Rs. 860 to Rs. 1032 per equity share to raise around $134 million.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has been regulating MCX from 28 September 2015 after Forward Markets Commission (FMC), which merged with it on the very same day.
Mr Padala Subbi Reddy (Mr P S Reddy) was appointed as MD & CEO of the Company for a period of five years w.e.f. May 10, 2019. The position was last served by Mr Reddy in Central Depository Services (CDSL).
The official websites are showing all the Stock Market Holidays and Trading Holidays. Plan out your vacations with the help of MCX Holiday 2022 list and schedule your activities and operations related to MCX Trading. You can also find the list in the MCX Trading iCal Calendar.